Many people ask me why I am still in this city. A Host Family even asked me what can they say to an Au Pair to consider Columbus as a good city to live their experience. Why?? Summer time and tons of festivals!!!
We all know that the most important thing to consider when you become an Au Pair is not where to go but whom are you going to spend your time with, your Host Family. But it is also true that between two families that they love, an Au Pair will probably choose the one living in big cities or well known areas. So in this post I want to let the Au Pair out there know what a great city Columbus is!
I had no idea where Columbus was when I came here, not even Ohio. But over the time I’ve realize that we can have it all!
Summer is the perfect time to love this city. Almost every weekend there is a festival to attend: Asian festival, Arts festival, Jazz and Ribs Fest, Latino Festival…
Here is a list of my favorites events and festivals:
- Solebrate – June 21 to June 23
- CAPA Summer Movie Series – June 28 through August 25
- Red, White and Boom! – July 3
- Doo Dah Parade – July 4
- Jazz and Rib Fest – July 19 to 21 (I will be doing my monthly meeting with my Au Pairs here!)
- Ohio State Fair – July 24 through August 4
- Riverfest – July 26
- Dublin Irish Festival – August 2 to 4
- Festival Latino – August 10 and 11
- Columbus Food Truck Festival – August 16 and 17
- Hot Air Balloon Festival – August 24 and 25
There are many more, some of them are free some others have a little entry fee…but you can have so much fun according to your preferences!
Plus don’t forget to go to the Commons! It is a great spot to be with different activities during the summer!